1. How long does it take to process my application?
Answer: Please allow 7 business to process your application from the date the ICCDP Membership Services receives your application. We appreciate your patience.
2. Who should I contact in event of a question about my application?
Answer: Please use the contact ICCDP page to contact us.
3. What is the Certified Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care Trainer Program?
Answer: The NCCDP / ICCDP offers Certified Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care Trainer workshops for seasoned instructors and In-service directors who wish to present all day training seminars on Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease. The course includes the Power Point disk, overhead copies, master hand out notebook, text books, DVD, tests, sample brochures, sample evaluations, certification as CDP and ICCDP instructor. The course is only taught in the United States at this time. For more information please go to the CADDCT web page.
4. How long is the CDP certification good for and do I have to renew.
Answer: Two years and yes you will receive a reminder notice to renew. You can also check your CDP member account control panel to view information about your certification status.
5. Do I have to submit additional CEU’s when I renew my certification in two years?
Answer: Yes. You will be required to take 10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2 years to maintain your certification. You may obtain credits from our online continuing education service.
6. Do I need a college degree to obtain certification?
Answer: No. Only if following Option 1. If following Option 2 and 4, you need a high school diploma.
7. What do I receive, once I am approved for certification?
Answer: You will receive a certification via online download and email that you can printout.. Also, you will receive a quarterly newsletter via email.
8. My company wishes to become a corporate sponsor, is this possible?
Answer: We welcome corporate sponsorship. Please email us by using the contact us form in confidence
9. Am I eligible to become a CDP?
Answer: Please go to the CDP page for more information.
10. Where can I get training in Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care.
Answer: Our training is offered online. You will need to apply for certification 1st. Following clmpletion of the application process you will be directed to the online class.
11. Who Can Apply for Certification?
Answer: The CDP certification is open for all healthcare professional and frontline staff who qualify and who work in the healthcare industry. All applicants must complete the ICCDP Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care Seminar that is offered here at ICCDP online course.
12: Why have you not answered phone
Answer: We will respond to your question by email Monday through Friday US Eastern Standard Time.
13. I have not received an email reply.
Answer: We return all e-mails immediately if they come in Monday to Friday 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. EST. Otherwise if an e-mail comes in over the weekend we will respond ASAP on Monday.
If you did not receive an e-mail response please check your SPAM folder. It may also be that your company is blocking our messages. Or the settings on your computer has blocked us.
The e-mail address you gave us bounced.
We recommend you always use the contact form and completely fill it out so in case our e-mail to you bounces we have another way to get a hold of you.
14. What is the Certified Dementia Practiioner (CDP) application fee?
Answer: please see the fees page.
15. Need support from ICCDP?
Contact us at ICCDPOffice@iccdp.net
16. Appeal Process. My application was denied. How can I appeal the denial?
Answer: If you are not awarded a certification and you wish to appeal, please write a letter to:
55 Main Street Suite 102
Sparta, NJ 07871-1909
You must send a typed letter that includes: Email address, your name, address and phone number, reason for denial and why you are appealing the decision. The ICCDP Executive Appeal Committee will reach a decision after reviewing your application. All decisions reached by the Executive Appeal Committee are final. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to process.
Note: If you are not approved for certification your payment will be returned to you. Your application will be kept on file along with you supporting documents and will not be returned to you.
17. I have received my certification in PDF format. When printing the certification, the signature line is blank.
Answer: You may need to make a settings change for your printer. Click here for detail on how to do this.
While certification promotes and maintains quality, it does not license, confer a right or privilege upon or otherwise define the qualifications of anyone in the healthcare field.