The CMDCPT Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional Trainer is the earned credential that recognizes the highest standard in Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care, person centered care and Montessori Dementia specific education and that CMDCPT certification has been achieved. The International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP) exists to establish credentialing mechanisms for validating proficiency in Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education, person centered care approaches and Montessori Dementia practices for those seeking the CMDCPT Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional Trainer designation.
The ICCDP organization ensures the highest standards in Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education, person centered care approaches and Montessori practices through the CMDCPT certification process. The CMDCPT certification demonstrates the achievement of specialized training in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care, person centered care approaches and Montessori Dementia principles. International Council of CMDCPTs (ICCDP) is committed to educational programs that inform CMDCPT professionals about new changes that influence the certification process.
The benefits of CMDCPT certification are numerous to the health care professionals and frontline staff. Health Care Professionals and front-line staff who have taken the steps to complete comprehensive training in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia Care, person centered care approaches and Montessori principles and have completed certification have the necessary educational tools to provide care to patients with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
CMDCPT certification is essential for today’s health care professional and front-line staff as the dementia elderly population continues to rise. CMDCPT certification recognizes the need for standards in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education to provide quality services by trained health care professionals and front-line staff in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care. CMDCPT works to enhance the use of new methods, theories and tools related to Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care best practices.
The ICCDP Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia Care education and CMDCPT certification provides recognition, competency and a commitment in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care, person centered care approaches and Montessori principles.
CMDCPT certification can enhance your resume for future job advancement. CMDCPT certification promotes the need for education from which all health care professionals and front-line staff can benefit.
A CMDCPT completes extensive training in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia, person centered care and Montessori principles. Each student during training receives resources in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care, person centered care approaches and Montessori principles.
There are numerous benefits to obtaining this professional credential both for you as an individual and to the health care organization.
Health care professionals seek CMDCPT certification for many reasons:
- Become a member of a respected organization that was founded in 2015 and is known for comprehensive dementia education and recognized certifications.
- Investment in yourself and your career path.
- Preparation for higher job responsibilities and employability.
- Increase opportunities in a tough job market.
- Opens the door to potential career advancement and earning potential.
- Organizations like and value that staff possess certifications, licenses can credential.
- Enhance the safe and effective best practices in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care
- To expand their knowledge through training and education.
- To validate their Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care knowledge and skills.
- A desire for continued knowledge in dementia care.
- To enhance their professionalism.
- Commands recognition from peers.
- Mandates that they abide by a ICCDP CMDCPT code of ethics.
- Attests that their work is at a high level of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care expertise.
- Adds credibility to your profession.
- Enhances the Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care overall image within the community and among peers.
- Improvement in skills and knowledge.
- Provide higher quality of work to the Alzheimer’s disease and dementia patient.
- Greater understanding of the role the trained and certified CMDCPT provides in the health care community with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia patients.
- Demonstration of commitment to one’s chosen profession in obtaining a higher level of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education and certification as CMDCPT.
- Clarifies and articulates personal values and CMDCPT ethics.
- Enhances self esteem through peer recognition.
- Increases self confidence in problem solving skills.
- Increases personal and professional credibility.
- Reinforces your commitment to professional excellence.
Additionally, A CMDCPT is of benefit to the health care community as these are health care professionals who have taken the added steps in learning and understanding the Dementia patient and complications that arise with this diagnosis. It is a benefit to the health care facility to hire health care professionals who have this certification.
CMDCPT certifications assist the employer in evaluating potential new hires, evaluate job performance and motivate other employees to seek CMDCPT certification.
CMDCPTs benefits for the health care professional are:
- CMDCPT certification advances skills and knowledge in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care field.
- CMDCPT certification shows evidence of a health care professional commitment not only working with the geriatric population but specific sub population, the client with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia.
- CMDCPT certifications are models for other health care professionals to follow.
- CMDCPT certification provides more leaders for the health care field.
- CMDCPT certification promotes best practice in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia Care Education.
- Certification promotes education and in turn promotes professionalism.
- Certification develops a sense of pride and provides the best Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care for the patient.
- Having a CMDCPT shows the personal commitment as evidenced by their education and training above and beyond what their peers have.
- A CMDCPT brings Dementia skills and knowledge to their agency, patients and the families.
- A CMDCPT enhances and validates the ongoing dementia care that the health care professional provides.
- A CMDCPT professional provide families with security and comfort in knowing that their loved one is being care for by skilled, caring and competent professionals who have completed extensive comprehensive Alzheimer’s and Dementia training.
- One of the most important benefits, is maintaining the CMDCPT certification, through continued education, every two years in order to maintain their CMDCPT certification.
- CMDCPT recertification ensures that the professional is staying informed in the latest developments.
- Improved patient interventions and outcomes.
- CMDCPT professional promotes the need for certification as a means to ensure competent trained health care professionals in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care.
- Identify other areas of dementia education and skill development in Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education that meet the changing and challenging needs of the Alzheimer’s and dementia patient in the health care industry.
Benefits to the health care organization in hiring CMDCPT are:
- Hiring front-line staff and professionals who are committed to the ICCDP exceptional standards regarding quality of life and quality of care of your dementia patients as they have completed comprehensive dementia education and are CMDCPT certified.
- The employers seek to provide comprehensive dementia education on ongoing dementia education because of the benefits to the staff and residents by ensuring staff are well trained and staff is CMDCPT certified.
- Company through CQI continues to see a reduction in abuse and neglect incidents because the staff is dementia trained and CMDCPT certified.
- A Trust and knowledge in the CMDCPT health care professional’s work.
- Increase the efficiency of your staff working with dementia.
- CMDCPT are models to other health care professionals to follow.
- Confident in the competence level of your staff working with dementia patients.
- Increase Patient safety
- Increase customer and family satisfaction.
- Providing quality of care.
- Knowledge and interventions for difficult behaviors, ADL Care and appropriate activities.
- Organizational efficiencies.
- Reduced staff turnover due to burn out when lacking proper training.
- Increase staff retention and satisfaction.
- Increases organization understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care.
- Family confidence in facilities who have hired trained and certified CMDCPT health care professionals.
- Improves facility and dementia unit image.
- Demonstrates staff credibility.
- Identifies leadership potential in a CMDCPT.
- Greater respect for staff who are CMDCPT certified by peers and clients.
- Offer a competitive edge when hiring CMDCPT and providing comprehensive Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care training to all staff.
- CMDCPT individuals have the knowledge to provide competent dementia care.
- CMDCPT certification is an investment in your staff and their future as their employer.
- Improved patient interventions and outcomes.
- To promote CMDCPT certification as an institutional goal to validate best practice guidelines set forth by local, federal and aging institutions and or organizations.
- To ensure that continuing Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care education are provided and
- Through the agency continuous quality improvement show improved Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care by the CMDCPT.
- CMDCPT is an objective measure of knowledge which validates a health care professional is qualified to provide Alzheimer’s and Dementia care.
- Health care employers should seek out and employ CMDCPT.
- Health care employers should seek out and employ certified ICCDP / CMDCPT Trained Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care trainers to provide competent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia care, person centered care and Montessori training to staff.
The benefits for the patient who are cared for by CMDCPT are:
- Sensitive care by a trained and CMDCPT certified Health care professionals.
- Reduced risk for injury during ADL care by trained health care professionals who are CMDCPT certified.
- Provide appropriate activities for the patient with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and related Dementia.
- Is able to provide sensitive psychosocial support to the patient and the families.
- Educated and trained in the areas of end-of-life care and comfort measures for the end stage dementia patient.